Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Boot

[User Made]
Elmer dear is BACK IN THE BOOT.  He has been having quite a bit of pain lately--perhaps this will help.  He is awaiting a call from the Clinic.  ????
 
Well, I took off about 9:30 for the bank and the p.o.--guess what--I just kept going up 99 a few miles to a wonderful car wash (Lloyd and Helen used it when they were here last)  WOW, did that young fellow ever do a good job--first I put the car in neutral etc and he steered me on to a track--one side of the car--  first he washed it all over with suds and a huge sponge and then away I went down the track with water coming from everywhere (Bud barked at him).  That car is clean--had not been washed for months and months and I do not plan to ever wash it again.  $6.00.  Then I went to the bank and they gave to me oodles of money and then I went to the p.o. and there was mail and then home to Elmer Dear.
 
Larry called.  He was waiting for Nathan to finish his football practice and then they were headed for NATURAL BRIDGE to camp for about 3 days.  We have camped at Natural Bridge oodles of times  (It seems I like to use the word oddles) And he won't be able to use his Cell there. 
 
THE TIME IS ALWAYS RIGHT TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT.
 
They say the pear crop is really good this year--no longer the pear capital--capitol  of the world--MANY orchards have taken the pears out and are growing wine grapes. 
 
To be 85 at 5 pm--nice.
 
You should see our peaceful view.   The huge acres of comice pears (H & D) and then also in view--a huge area where they grow alfalfa and after a couple of cuttings they let about 2 doz. cattle in to graze.  What more could one ask???  Charlie is growing pumpkins on part of his acreage and that is all.   He had shoulder surgery and it has not been successful like Elmer's.   No strength and the hand is numb--not good. 
 
A certain little blonde- headed boy is going to be 7 this very Sunday and he is having big parties etc.  His title is J. BENNETT SMITH.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BENNETT.
 
Larry really helped us yesterday--moved the refrigerator out and you know what that means.  And he did some other things. 
 
After I returned home (from my car wash etc) I washed the two outside refrigerators inside and out--no small job.  (I do not think that was a very bright idea--but it had to be done!!!)
 
The boot seems to have relieved some of the pain. 
 
We will soon eat our dinner.  G.Sons, where are you?  gg

Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

No comments: