Saturday, July 21, 2007

Fw: Saturday and our warm weather is back prob. for the rest of the summer.

Tammy Fay died yesterday.  We really enjoyed seeing her on Larry King this week.  We knew she did not have long to live.  We just hung up from a long 1/2 hour conversation with Lloyd.  He had been in Essex all day so he was full of questions to  his Dad.  It was all about Essex and he did ask about Larry and I told him that I read today that Larry is a Celebrity in Jacksonville.  This was from a lady who had just moved to J. from Frisco and before that from France.  She and her husband visited J and couldn't wait to move there.  She will be teaching French.  She said she heard right away about Larry.  Kenneth, my computer is working o.k, now????????  We might attend church tomorrow.  Elmer dear is feeling quite well today but has to be very careful.  Thanks Kenneth, for ideas to help me with the computer.  I also check your blog every day as well as Keith's.  I plan to talk to you tomorrow on the computer.  Nite, GG (Kenneth, what is a chair rail)
 
----- Original Message -----
From: Ken Smith
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:15 PM
Subject: RE: Saturday and our warm weather is back prob. for the rest of the summer.

Hi there,  Grandma.

 

I'm sorry your computer isn't working well,  and I wish I knew how to help.  When I'm down there next time, I'll have to see if I can setup some way to troubleshoot your computer remotely.  But in the meantime, turning it off and back on again isn't a bad approach.

 

Galena and I were going to go climbing at Rainier this weekend, but it's supposed to be raining there, so we bailed.  Instead, we went to the gym this morning, then ran by the bookstore to buy the latest Harry Potter book, and went to Starbucks to read for a couple hours.  Then we came home and showered, then headed off to Home Depot, to buy a "chair rail" for the baby's nursery.  I've done the initial cutting up of the pieces, but there's some "mitering" that needs to be done,  and I suspect that, oddly enough, it may require a "miter saw" to do it.  I don't have one.  So I'm trying to figure out what to do about that.  This is an area where I definitely have not inherited Grandpa's skills.

 

Ken

 

From: Ruby Smith [mailto:smithruby@charter.net]
Sent: Saturday, July 21, 2007 4:00 PM
To: rose; lloyd; Larry B. Smith; Ken Smith; jjj,; Galena,; Ellen,; brian; helen v,; Keith Smith; Chris
Subject: Saturday and our warm weather is back prob. for the rest of the summer.

 

 Upgrade your email with 1000's of emoticon iconsWe just finished our salmon dinner--and it was good.

 

We also just talked to a son in and around Glacier Park.  They were headed for Essex--where Dad grew up and Lloyd needed to know what year his  Dad was in the CCC's and was stationed in the Park--one question and his tel. went dead.

 

My computer is not working just o.k. so I think I will sign off and perhaps it will be o.k, tomorrow.  gg

 

 

 

 


Upgrade Your Email - Click here!

No comments: