Monday, July 9, 2007

Fw: Danny James

>
> ------ Forwarded Message
> From: Brian Smith
> Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 15:00:15 -0600
> To: 'Larry Smith'
> Subject: RE: Danny James
>
>
> It would be great to see Danny again. Has mom talked to any interested
> groups yet? I am exploring doing a little motivational as a side
career. A
> lot of previous Everest climbers are on the speaking circuit and command
as
> much as $10,000 per talk. Of course they have been doing it for years
so I
> would be lucky to get my trip paid for at this point but it can be a
good
> business once the speaker gets good at it and builds his portfolio.
>
> In fact I met a motivational speaker on Everest. He does one 8000 meter
> peak per year and then makes his living speaking the rest of the year.
I
> looked at some speakers online and actually found his website. It took
him
> 3 attempts to make the summit of Everest. He was attempting Lhotse this
> year but I don't think that he made the summit. He was a severe
diabetic
> which is what made him unique.
>
> Keith and I are talking about me coming out to Bellevue to speak to
Zango in
> the fall.
>
> Your Son
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Larry Smith
> Sent: Sunday, July 08, 2007 2:30 PM
> To: bbs
> Subject: Danny James
>
> Your mother talked to Danny James today at church.
>
> He wants to come down and hear you when you speak locally.
>
> His mother will alert him.
>
> Every day this past month people stop me and want to talk about your
Everest
> trip. The glory has not faded.
>
> Dad
>
>
>
> ------ End of Forwarded Message
>
>
>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.